Emerging Markets Enthusiast
[Operator Stories] Marcelo Sampaio (Hashdex) - Building the S&P 500 for Crypto, pushing for mainstream adoption & unlocking value
May 24, 2022
On this episode Patrick sat down with Marcelo Sampaio, Co-Founder and CEO of Brazilian crypto startup Hashdex to discuss the state of crypto in LatAm, its potential to unlock value for the general public and his scale-up journey bringing crypto investing to the mainstream.
On this episode you will learn about:
- Marcelo's journey from a successful career at Microsoft and Oracle
- Why crypto provides a tremendous opportunity for the LatAm ecosystem
- How crypto can unlock value for the wider public
- Hashdex approach to democratising crypto investing and working with the system rather than against it
- Marcelo's take on fundraising for crypto startups and what to be aware of
You can find Marcelo on LinkedIn here.
For more content on emerging markets investing and company building follow me on twitter @pat_travels or LinkedIn.
Marcelo's way into entrepreneurship
How did crypto click for you?
Crypto opportunities in LatAm
The customer journey with Hashdex
Fundraising journey for Hashdex
Outlook for crypto in LatAm & state of the ecosystem
What is next for Hashdex?